Wednesday 18 February 2015

Clean and Lean - Pancakes

In an effort to overhaul my diet before heading off to Australia in a month I've decided to revisit the clean and lean diet. It seems more relevant than ever, given that there has been a lot of talk recently about how it's really sugar that is the food villain, not fat. I completed a successful week last week but knew with pancake day approaching that it was going to be hard to stick to -  I love pancakes, especially the fluffy American ones I have blogged about before.

Fortunately, this is a recipe for pancakes in the Clean & Lean Diet book. I have to admit though, I was dubious! Eggs, oats, cottage cheese and cinnamon doesn't sound anything like my normal pancake recipe. However, I'm please to report these were quite tasty and certainly kept me filled up until lunch. 

Serves 1 (if you're greedy like me!)

Ingredients:
  • 50g oats
  • 100g cottage cheese
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
  • blueberries (to top)
  • natural yoghurt (to top)
  1. Place the oats, cottage cheese, eggs and cinnamon in a food processor. Whizz up until a batter smooth(ish) batter is formed. 
  2. Heat a pancake pan, or other small frying pan) up over a medium heat. Pour in the batter and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
  3. Serve immediately with natural yoghurt, honey and blueberries.

0 comments:

Post a Comment